CALL FOR A COVID-19 ROYAL COMMISSION
On the 23rd of January 2022, One Nation leader Senator Pauline Hanson called for whichever party forms government after this year’s Federal election to establish a broad Royal Commission on the management of the COVID-19 pandemic by Australian governments.
The COVID-19 pandemic, and governments’ attempts to manage it, has affected every Australian in some way.
- People have died.
- The economy was shut down.
- Schools were shut down.
- Entire cities were effectively shut down.
- Borders were closed.
- Vast quantities of taxpayers’ money have been expended.
- Military personnel have been deployed.
- Thousands of people have lost their job.
- Businesses have closed, in many cases permanently.
- Individual rights and freedoms have been curtailed or discarded.
- Unelected bureaucrats have wielded extraordinary power.
Only a Royal Commission is likely to have the power necessary to compel the expert health advice Australian governments relied on to justify and implement pandemic measures – much of this advice has been hidden from the Australian people.
We need a Royal Commission because this inquiry must be completely transparent to the Australian public.
We need a Royal Commission because those who fail to learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them.
If you agree, please sign the petition today!
To the Honourable President and members of the Senate in Parliament assembled, your petitioners ask that the Senate:
Call on the Federal Government to establish a broad Royal Commission into the true facts and the management of the COVID-19 pandemic by Australia’s state and federal governments and do everything in the Senate’s power to ensure this occurs.