NEWS AND EVENTS
WHO WE ARE
Pauline Hanson’s One Nation acknowledges the scientific fact that a human being’s life begins in the womb.
We were horrified when State Governments passed legislation which legalised abortion up until birth for any reason. This law is one of the most extreme in the western world.
One Nation will seek every opportunity to roll back brutal and extreme abortion law so that both unborn babies and pregnant women will have a level of legal and medical protection once again.
One Nation will:
- Reduce the gestational limit for abortions - Current legislation in some states allows the abortion of an unborn child up until the day of birth.
- Ban sex-selective abortion - Sex-selective abortion is the practice of terminating a pregnancy based upon the predicted sex of a child. The selective abortion of female fetuses is most common where male children are valued over females.
- Implement counselling and other safeguards - Women who may be considering an abortion must be provided counselling and compassionate assistance.
- Medical care for babies born alive during an abortion - Neonatal care must be provided to babies born alive during an abortion, as would be given to any other child born at the same stage of pregnancy and in the same medical condition.
- Anaesthetised abortion - Current procedures across Australia only offer the mother anaesthetic when performing a surgical abortion.
- Restore Doctor’s Rights - Reinstitute a doctor’s full right to a full conscientious objection to abortion.
- Ban organ harvesting - Prevent the use of aborted baby organs.
- Mandate data reporting - Current legislation fails to report abortion rates in some states.
Do you like this page?